Wednesday, July 30, 2008

July 30, 2008 10:30 am


Hi! The doctors made their rounds early today and decreased Laurie's rate and pressures on the vent a little more. Hopefully, she will tolerate these changes and be able to come off the vent soon! Her weight today is 1 lb. 13 oz. As you can tell from the picture most of that seems to be in her cheeks! Cole would have been so happy last night to see her dressed in a cap, shirt, and booties! Of course this was the one time I didn't have my camera with me, but the nurses made some pictures for us. By this morning Laurie had shed the cap and booties--I'm sure she just wiggled and kicked out of them! She still pulls and wiggles anything that is attached to her--like her vent tube, IV, beanie pillows, etc... She would probably get rid of the shirt if she could! It is good to see that she is back to her feisty self!

Please continue to pray for Laurie to come off the vent soon with as little damage as possible done to her lungs. Thanks for your continued love and prayers!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

10 comments:

Lisa Nelson (Ken and Matt, too!) said...

How wonderful! I love waking up to good news from the Laurie crew. And, just look at that hair! She looks so adorable and I wish I could see her...

Hope you all are doing well and continue to receive the blessings, small and great, that God is bestowing on you every day.
Much love,

Lisa Nelson

Anonymous said...

I'm glad shes doing well :) You're always in our thoughts and prayers

Rhonda said...

I'M WITH COLEY I LIKE HER
IN THE PINK SHIRT AND SHE
LOOKS BEAUTIFUL PRAYS ARE
BEING ANSWERED EVERYDAY
LOVE YOU BABY DOLL LEAH TELL HER FOR ME
YOU AND NANCY REST SOME
LOVE YOU
AUNT RHONDA

Nancy S said...

Let the clothes buying begin! I can
tell Laurie will be a fashion diva
looking so stylish today! I wish we
could have seen the whole ensemble.
She is precious. I am glad she continues to improve each day. We
are praying for you all! love, Nancy

Laura says said...

She looks so cute! I can't wait to pinch those chubby little cheeks! I'm so proud of Laurie and all of her progress, and I'm proud of you, Leah, for being so strong, even during the tough times. God is truly hearing everyone's prayers. Remember we're here for you - can't wait to see you next week for Cole's first day! You'll have to come see my new classroom! Give my sweetie a kiss for me and tell her I love her!
I love you and mom too!
~Laura

Anonymous said...

She IS filling out - look at those cheeks! One question, how do the nurses weigh her each day? You may have mentioned it before and I just missed it...

Continued love and prayers,
Natasha Chalker

Anonymous said...

We just loved seeing her in her pink shirt. Would love to have seen the rest of the outfit. Those little fat cheeks tell us she is gaining weight and we are so proud that she is slowly putting on the ounces. Maybe soon she will weigh 2 pounds. Also, we pray that she will soon be off the vent. We will continue to pray that her lungs will continue to get stronger.
Can't wait to see her.
Love,
The Kings

Merri said...

Those cheeks are adorable!! :)
Wish I could see her! Don't worry about Cole - we are here for him!
Love and Prayers
Merri Keith Caitlin and Cody

Anonymous said...

Love the pink shirt!! :) She is really looking a lot better! Love you and can't wait till I can come back up to visit!
~Katie

Unknown said...

She is so cute . . . you'll have so much fun dressing a little girl! I am so thankful for the answered prayers, and we'll continue praying. It is working! Love ya, Kathy Bruce