Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi, from Birmingham! I hope everyone is enjoying their FRIDAY! Laurie started the morning off needing a little extra help on the C-pap. After eight days off the vent, the doctors believe that she is just getting a little tired, which is normal for a preemie. They have reassured me that increasing her oxygen rates and pressure will help keep her from going back on the vent. She also seems to need extra help after feeds, so the nurse is going to slow her feeding rate and hopefully it will assist her with breathing (after her tummy gets full, she seems to relax and "forget" to breath!). Thankfully, they have been able to lower her oxygen rates and pressure throughout the day. Last night Laurie weighed 1lb. 5 oz. (back to her birth weight)!

Laurie and I are anxiously waiting for her daddy to get here later today! On Sunday, Uncle Kevin will be bringing Cole, who has lost another tooth this week! I hope he still has some teeth left when he gets here!!! It will be great to have all four of us here together!!! Please remember all the Crowe/Killingsworth family members as they travel back and forth this weekend!

I added a few more pictures late yesterday. Have a great weekend!

Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole and Laurie

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I am glad that Laurie Anne is doing good, we pray for her everyday and I know other people at the dialysis are praying too
God Bless we will keep praying

Nancy S said...

She's gained another ounce! Hooray!
I am glad they are right on top of
things there to help Laurie with
whatever she needs from minute to
minute. The pictures are great! I
especially love the one with her
eyes open! She's beautiful and I
can tell she's filled out a bit since the last ones. I'm sorry I
never made it up to see Cole this week. Drew has been sick. Have a fun weekend! Love, Nancy

Vonetta said...

Leah
I'm glad to see Laurie is doing will. I had my little girl @ 32weeks in may of this year. Its going to be a long road ahead but as she gains weight it gets better and better. I'm no Doctor or Nurse just a mom of a Preemie baby if you have any question or just want to talk to a mom that has been there i'm an email away vonetta.bramwell@gmail.com
just take it one day at a time and she will be home soon then you think.
I'm praying for little Laurie & her family.
God Bless you all

amanda said...

I am glad that Laurie continues to do well. I pray several times each day for Laurie, her doctors and nurses, and you and your family. Enjoy your time as your whole family can be together this weekend. God bless, stay strong and we'll continue to pray
Love, Amanda

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Being away from the family back home makes me feel out of touch sometimes. Seeing the pictures and reading the blogs makes me feel a little closer. That Cole, what a "hound" he is. Tell him congrats on the teeth pulling. praying for you all daily. Tell everyone hello.

Love,
Dawn

Zachary David Stafford said...

Hello! I heard about your little one from Kimberly Stafford. She said she goes to church with you. I had my little one at 23 weeks and 3 days and just got to bring him home last week. The Lord is so mighty and wonderful! Please let me know if you need anything or just want to vent cause I just got through with what you are heading into! Feel free to check out his blog as well!
Jenna Stafford

Debra said...

Leah,
I am keeping you and that precious baby in my heart and prayers every minute. I know that God is holding on to you both. I can't wait until I can shop for some baby clothes, even though they may be doll clothes at first. I love you all. Debra Lee Crosby

Debra said...

Leah,
I am keep your family and that precious baby, Laurie, in my prayers. I will find myself thinking about you at times all throughout the day and I send up a little prayer then. I can't wait for her to get ready for baby clothes. You know how I love to shop. They might have to be doll clothes at first. (: I love you all and know that God is holding you in his hands.

Jill said...

Killingsworth's...
I so enjoyed my visit on Monday!! She is simply beautiful and so perfect. I think of you all so may times each day. Please know how much you are loved. Prayers are sent up daily from our home and so many others. John Martin is sooooo jealous of Cole's loosing his teeth, tell him to slow down so maybe we can catch up!! Your entire family is in our prayers, as we know how many trips are being made for your precious Laurie!! We love you and pray for her continued progress!!!!!
The Wilson's-
Josh, Jill, John Martin, and Jay