Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 13, 2008 5:30 pm

Good afternoon everyone! We have had another good day, with the doctors continuing to wean Laurie's oxygen levels. They have even discussed taking her off the C-pap in the next few days, but we are not telling Laurie (she may have other plans)! Her feedings seem to be doing better with 7cc every 2 hours, rather than 11cc every 3 hours. This is also helping with her breathing. She weighed 1lb. 6 oz. again last night. Laurie and I enjoyed seeing her big brother today! She seemed to especially enjoy his singing. We made a recording of this to put in Laurie's isolette for when he is not here.

Hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend. Todd and Cole have left Birmingham for another "guy" week at home. I miss them already! Thanks again for all your support and prayers!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

4 comments:

Nancy S said...

Leah,
I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend together. I know your
heart aches telling Todd and Cole
goodbye for another week, but this
too shall pass. I am happy that
the different feeding schedule is
helping Laurie breathe better. She
is doing great! Call me when you get a chance. Love, Nancy

Wendy and Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy and Michael said...

Dear Killingsworth family,
I ran across your blog while exploring mutual bloggers. You don’t know me but I understand what you are going through. My twin boys were born 10 weeks early and had to stay in the NICU for 45 days in Montgomery. Your postings remind me of all the baby steps and emotions that my husband & I experienced. My boys are now six months old and are doing great. I remember how each day had its ups and downs, and there is no way I could have gotten through that time period without the support of family & friends, and most importantly – God. I’m going to add you to my friends list so that we can stay informed of Laurie’s progress. Please feel free to contact me if you need a former NICU mom to talk to. My email address is wmsmith2@yahoo.com and our blog http://theduckhunterfamily.blogspot.com . I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

With love,
Wendy Smith

Rhonda said...

GOOD MORNING,
I'M SO THANKFULL LAURIE ANNE IS DOING SO WELL
YOU KNOW SHE HAS A STRONG
WILL LIKE OTHERS IN THE FAMILY AND WITH GODS' HELP
SHE WILL DO GREAT I LOVE ALL OF YOU MISS SEEING YOU
LOVE
AUNT RHONDA