Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August 6, 2008 7:15pm

Well, I am posting tonight from HOME!! Don't worry Laurie has had a great day with both her grandmothers watching over her nurses' shoulders carefully! After seven weeks in Birmingham, I left Laurie, only to come home for Cole's first day of Kindergarten. If it had not been for Laurie's early arrival, I would not have had this luxury as I would have been with my new Kindergarten class. Laurie's doctors assurred me that she has the best and most expensive "babysitters" around and I agreed that she has a wonderful care team of nurses watching her while I am away (although I'm sure they will get tired of me calling every few hours)!

Laurie continues to do well on the C-pap. She did loose a little weight last night and weighed 1 lb. 15 oz. However, this was expected after starting the diuretics yesterday. Although I was very nervous leaving Laurie today, it has been great being at home with Todd and Cole tonight! I am thankful that Laurie is doing so well and I have been able to come home for a short visit. Thanks for all your continued prayers! God has blessed us with a wonderful family and terrific friends!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

3 comments:

Debra Crosby said...

Enjoy you day with Cole tomorrow. Take plenty of pictures. I know that Laurie is going to be great. God Bless. Debra Crosby

Unknown said...

Enjoy your day at home with Cole!! And great news about the c-pap!!! Prayers and blessings to all of you that she will continue to grow and develop every day!!

Mary Sue

Nancy S said...

I know Laurie's grandmothers will
watch over her diligently, as will
the Lord! I didn't call this evening so you could relax at home.
Come see us tomorrow! Love, Nancy