Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25, 2008 2:15 pm


Todd gets to hold Laurie for the 1st time! 8.24.08


Hello everyone! Laurie is taking advantage of the rainy day by sleeping and growing! Todd, Laurie and I had a very quiet and restful weekend! While Cole spent the weekend between Nana's and MeMa's--I'm sure it was not so quiet for them with Cole around!!! Laurie continues to do well and the doctors have made very few changes the past few days. They did increase her feeds yesterday to 19 cc every 3 hours and she continues to gain weight--2 lbs. 12 oz. last night. Laurie will have another routine eye exam later this afternoon.

I was able to hold Laurie twice this weekend and Todd held her for the first time on Sunday! We tried holding Laurie with her receiving oxygen using a nasal canula, rather than blow-by and she tolerated it very well. This was such a special time for us and made holding her much easier (less tubing)! I believe that we are getting very close to coming off the C-pap! Thank you for your continued prayers! We see the results of prayer each day!

Also, please say a special prayer for the Sims family. Amy, the mother of another baby here in the RNICU, and I have become good friends over the past month . She and her husband have also had to make many difficult decisions for their new baby and triplet sons at home. After days of deliberation with many different doctors, Gabe will be having heart surgery tomorrow for a rare heart condition.

I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

OH YES!!!!!!!
SHE IS TERRIFIC NOT LONG UNTIL 3 LBS I KNOW IT MAKES
YOU FEEL SO GOOD TO HOLD HER SEE TODD SHE WILL NOT BREAK I LOVE YOU ALL
GIVE LAURIE ANNE SOME LOVE FOR ME
LOVE YOU ALL
AUNT RHONDA

Anonymous said...

Wow, such beautiful pictures! Laurie was wide awake for her daddy and I know Todd was brimming with pride. Prayers are answered daily.
Love,
The Kings

Anonymous said...

Jamie said, "Wow, Laurie has more hair than Todd!!" :) LOL!
Love ya'll!!
~"Katie & Friends"

Nancy S said...

It sounds like you guys had a nice
weekend. I know Todd enjoyed holding his little girl. And she
was wide awake looking at you both.
I praise God that it won't be long
until she's off the C-Pap. We'll be
praying for Baby Gabe Sims tomorrow
with his heart surgery that God's
angels will surround and protect him, and that God will guide the
surgeon's hands. We have had a lazy
day around the house today since school was canceled. Have a good week! Love, Nancy

Emily said...

I LOVE the pictures and I'm so glad Todd finally got to hold her! I am so ready for you both to be back here in E'prise! I miss you so much! We will continue to pray daily for you all!

Love You!
Em, Gray, and Lydia

Jama said...

What a priceless moment captured on camera! Laurie has her daddy wrapped around his finger I am sure! Laurie's progress is amazing..sure does show us all that God is in charge!! Thanks for sharing your special moments with your precious little girl. I look forward to reading this blog every day and I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Please let us know how the surgery goes with your friend's child and let that family know they are in our prayers. Jama Lewis Walker

Laura said... said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to see her soon!! God has truly blessed her and it's amazing to his work through her.
I miss and love you both!
~Laura

Debbie said...

She is so cute I know Todd was proud to hold her She is growing so she will be coming home to stay
We keep praying everyone at the dialysis center ask about her they are all praying we love you

Debbie

Amy Baker said...

Hey Leah and Todd ... I just wanted to drop you a note to say hello. I am so glad to know that Laurie Anne is continuing to make progress ... please know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

-Amy

Henrietta said...

I can certainly see the changes in Laurie every time we get new pictures. God is surely in control and we continue to pray for her to grow and become stronger.
Thinking of you!!!
George & Retta