Friday, August 22, 2008

August 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Happy Friday! Laurie continues to do well today! The doctors decreased her pressures on the C-pap this morning--slowly weaning her off! Last night while the nurse completed her assessment, I was able to hold Laurie through the portholes of her isolette with only blow-by oxygen (prongs out of her nose). We are trying short periods of time without the C-pap, attempting to get her ready for the next big step-- OE (oxygen environment, where oxygen is blown into the isolette and Laurie does the breathing on her own). She did drop an ounce last night to 2 lbs. 8 oz. Laurie and I look forward to her Daddy arriving tonight so she can "show off" this week's weight gain and breathing abilities. Please continue to pray for Laurie's growth and development. God has blessed us with another great week! Have a restful and safe weekend! Hope all we get back home is lots of rain!

Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss ya'll! She looks so sweet all cuddled up! Can't wait till ya'll are both home! Have a great weekend!!
Love,
"Katie & Friends"

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend. Know Todd can hardly wait to see his little girl! We pray that it won't be long before the four of you will be together at home.
Love to all,
The Kings

brittany said...

Hey.
You guys probably are like, "who in the world?"
I go to Elba High School, and am a Varstiy cheerleader.
My name is Brittany Whitehead. and I am a member of Basin Baptist Church. I have seen Mr.Todd around school and my Aunt Sue has had me keeping up with ltille miss Laurie. I just want you guys to know that every since I became a christian my strongest point has been praying about EVEYTHING and God always follows through with my prayers. My mom died two years ago of cancer and every since then I have came to realize that God can get you throgh anything. & I also want you to know that I pray for Laurie at least 3 times a day. She truely is a miracle and I know that God has huge things in store. Keep the faith.
Brittany

Anonymous said...

Leah!!! I haven't logged on in several days and she has grown SO MUCH. Look at her hair! She is truly a miracle and I am so excited to see what God has in store for her.

Continued love and prayers,
Natasha Chalker

Nancy S said...

Hi!
Hope you and Todd have a relaxing
weekend together. Laurie is making
such big steps in her development
lately! We'll pray for safe travels
for all the family coming and going
tonight and Sunday. love, Nancy

Melanie said...

Hi Leah and Todd! I can't believe how much Laurie has grown!!! I just wanted to let you know that I keep up with your blogs as often as I can, and my mom also fills me in a lot. You and Laurie are in my thoughts all the time. I'll continue to pray for her and think happy thoughts!

Melanie

ginniesue said...

This is Ginnie Sue from Lakeside Baptist Church. We continue to keep Laurie Anne in our prayers! God is in the miracle business and loves his precious "little ones" especially. Thank you for keeping us informed and allowing us the privilege of praying for y'all. She looks so beautiful! I can't wait to see how God is going to use this special child in the future. He must have something extraordinary planned for her life!
Love to all of you,
Ginnie Sue