Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Good afternoon! Laurie is having another quiet day to rest and grow! Last night the doctors decreased her C-pap settings by taking away the rate, so hopefully we will be completely off C-pap very soon! They increase her feeds to 18 cc every 3 hours and she weighed 2 lbs. 8 oz. last night. Mrs. Judy and I are also enjoying these peaceful days with few changes! We love sitting at Laurie's bedside just watching as she wiggles and kicks about, but we have also been able to complete some of the other daily chores that must be done--laundry, cleaning, paying bills, and the dreaded Wal-Mart trip! I hope you all are having a great day! Thanks so much for your continued love, support, and prayers!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Leah,
I know you don't know me, but I knew Todd when he was a small boy. My name is Lisa Hornsby Story. We have been keeping up with Laurie since she was born. We have you all on our prayer list and lift you up daily as do our friends at church. Laurie is beautiful (I know it sounds silly but tell Todd's family that I see resemblance to Mrs. Cora!) Tell Mrs. Judy hello for me. Tell her that my husband, Dan, is pastor of a church near our home now.

Todd was always such a sweet child. I see him in Cole. My heart breaks for your family to be separated for so long. I know it is hard on all of you.

We will continue to check on Laurie and all of the rest of you every day, and will lift you up in prayer. I know that God is using your family to touch many other lives.

Love, The Story family from Sylvester, Georgia

Rhonda said...

HELLO, 8-20-08 5:30
SO GOOD TO HERE MY BABY DOLL IS DOING GREAT SHE IS DOING WHAT SHE SHOULD EATING AND SLEEPING TO MATURE THE LUNGS AND GET WELL ENOUGH TO MAKE THOSE BIG STEPS FROM ONE NURSERY TO THE OTHER AND THEN HOME.
TELL HER I LOVE HER.
LEAH YOU AND JUDY TAKE IS EASY WHEN YOU CAN I LOVE YA'LL VERY MUCH
LOVE
AUNT RHONDA

Nancy S said...

We prayed for you in church tonight. Bro. Billy was talking
about a Christmas Eve baby dedication. Won't that be fun?
We praise God for the great things
He is doing and for all the wonderful times to come. It sounds
like Miss Ashley has your class
calm and running smoothly... I can
never hear them, but it may be because my class is so loud. :)
We are still trying to learn our
rules. Have mercy! love, Nancy

Unknown said...

Great news!! Another day of growth and development!! I took Todd some pound cake yesterday - I hope he saves some to bring to you in Bham! Comfort food!

I hope the week continues to be good for Laurie and for all of you! My prayers are with all of you!!
Love,
Mary Sue