Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 27, 2008

"They're out! Did anyone see me do that?!"

"FINALLY! Nothing on my face!"

"Now, if they would just leave me alone! I can do this by myself!"
(As my brother Cole has already taught me to say!)

"They just won't leave my nose alone, but at least these tubes are shorter!"

"Now I can breathe!"

Good morning everyone! Laurie has had enough of the C-pap and let us all know it this morning! During rounds the doctors decided to try taking her off the C-pap and putting her on a nasal canula. This is simply a small tube in her nose giving oxygen, but with her breathing on her own. Before the orders could be put in the computer, Laurie had pulled out the long C-pap tubes three times. On the third time her nurse decided to leave them out and see how she would handle this. Fifteen minutes later the respiratory therapist came to change her over to nasal canula and realized that Laurie had done most of the work for her! After her first feat of getting the tubes out, she was in the process of attempting to take off the C-pap face bar too. However, the therapist did have to assist her with the bar. As you can see from the pictures, there is nothing on Laurie's face but the canula and feeding tube!!! I know she must feel so much better! She has been fighting with those C-pap tubes for weeks now! In addition to her breathing improvements, Laurie also continues to gain weight. She weighed 2 lbs. 15 oz. last night. She has almost added another pound! We are so thankful for Laurie's continued improvements! God is good!!!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

11 comments:

Anne Harman said...

What wonderful news! God certainly has answered our prayers! I know that you guys are so happy and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Kathryn Skinner Hornbuckle
(Betsy's Sister-In-Law)

Henrietta said...

I don't blame her, I don't like stuff on my face either, plus now we can really see that beautiful little face. She's so precious!!!
Hope you are all having a good week and tell your mom we will miss her tomorrow night.
Retta

Debbie said...

this is great news, almost at three pounds yea

We will keep praying for her
god bless
Debbie and friends from dialysis

Anonymous said...

God is great! what a precious little girl. cant wait to see her at your house.

ben

Rhonda said...

OH BABY DOLL!!!!!!!
YOU CAN LET THEM KNOW WHAT
YOU NEED JUST KEEP BREATHING ON YOUR OWN AND
PUT ON THOSE LBS RIGHT NOW
3LBS THOSE LUNG ARE DOING GOOD
LOVE YOU BABY DOLL LEAH GIVE HER MY LOVE AND KISSES
LOVE YOU
AUNT RHONDA

Nancy S said...

Woo-hoo!!! Go, little girl! Almost
3 pounds and breathing on her own.
What a great report! Nancy

Anonymous said...

I know I keep saying this, but man,she looks just like her big brother!! :) Seems to have his attitude too--watch out!!! :)
Love ya'll,
Katie

Jama said...

Praise the Lord!! I am so excited for you and Laurie!! God has heard our cries for help and certainly delivered! I am thankful for God's healing power! Keeping you in my prayers. Jama Lewis Walker

Jenny 73 said...

Wow, I can't believe how much bigger she looks now! I am so glad things continue to go so well for her. God is such a good God!
Jenny Humphrey

Eloise said...

What a treat to see her pretty little face! I'm so happy for all of you that sweet Laurie is doing so well. I enjoy following her progress and pray for her often.

Eloise in Dallas

Jamie said...

Leah that is wonderful! I know she has to feel better without all that on her face. She is so cute! We miss ya'll and continue to pray for everyone! Love Jamie, Becky, & Wesley