Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 13, 2008 7:30pm

Miss Diane took great care of me on my last day in the RNICU!
Thanks to my care plan team nurses--Diane, Tatyana, Amanda E., Amanda H., Tracy T., Kristen, Lisa, Caroline, Frank, Emily, and Jennifer W.
You are the BEST!
I'm graduating to CCN! Such a big girl!
8-13-08
Hi everyone! We have very exciting news today---Laurie is moving down to the CCN-Continuing Care Nursery (as I am writing)! This is a nursery for less critical babies!!! While this is a big step for Laurie, it is little sad for us because we have grown to love and respect the nurses on her care team. They have taken such wonderful care of Laurie, as well as all of us--helping us navigate our way through the questions and challenges of having a preemie! We now have the task of choosing another care team of nurses who will best take care of Laurie.

Other than moving Laurie to the 4th floor, the doctors did not make any changes in her care plan today. She continues to be on the C-pap, but with very low rate, pressure, and oxygen settings. Her feeding schedule remains the same, as does her weight of 2 lbs. 5 oz.

Please continue to pray for Laurie's development, Cole's adjustment to a new routine, and wisdom for Todd and I as we try to make the best decisions for both of them!

Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

8 comments:

Jama said...

Praise the Lord!!!! I know you are all so excited!! What amazing progress Laurie is making!! Still praying for you all!!
Jama Lewis Walker

Nancy S said...

Yay!!!!! That's wonderful news!
love ya'll,
Nancy

Amanda H said...

I was one of the lucky nurses that had the pleasure of taking care of Laurie for the last 6 weeks in RNICU. I know this is a happy day but I small part of me is sad. I will miss getting to see and take care of her. I have grown to love her little quirks like kicking her beanies off, trying to stop her determined hands from pulling out her CPAP, and changing her smelly diapers(very large for such a petite thing). Leah, your constant prescence at the bedside was such a pleasure. Laurie and Cole are two very lucky kids to have such a great mom. Your dedication to the Lord and your family is inspirational. I look forward to many visits to CCN to watch her grow. Continue to take lots of pictures because she will grow right before your eyes. Thanks for making the last 6 weeks such a joy.
Amanda Hoover

Kelly said...

Leah,
Praise God! Your news is wonderful and such a miracle. Your little angel is thriving and growing! The pictures were great. Today is my little Jillian's 5th birthday, and now this day will be special to you, too, as you all are celebrating Laurie's big move to CCN.
Continued love and prayers to all of you and many more blessings to come!
The McCarleys

Judy said...

What exciting news today!!!! I know this was a big step. The pictures yesterday were so cute. Jimmy has been making copies every so often and sending them to Mother. Give Laurie a big hug for me and we will continue to keep all of you in our prayers.
Judy

Kathy Piland said...

This is exciting! God is in control of Laurie. School started off great at Elba but we sure miss your mom! We will continue to pray for all of you.
Kathy and the gang at Elba City Schools

Rhonda said...

WAY TO GO BABY DOLL I'M SO PROUD OF YOU I PRAISE GOD EVERYDAY FOR PROTECTING YOU AND HELPING YOU GROW
LOVE YOU LEAH AND GIVE MY BABY DOLL MY LOVE AND HUGS
I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HER LUNGS.
LOVE YOU
AUNT RHONDA

Judy Cotter said...

Judy told me about little Laurie Anne this morning. I will pray for her and your family. Thank God for her graduation to ccn. Judy Cotter (My husband Eddie was Judy,s first cousin)