Monday, August 4, 2008

August 4, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi! Laurie is having another good day! The the only changes the doctors made today was to add two diuretics and a multi-vitamin to her plan. The diuretics are common for preemies who have been on the vent for extended time periods and should help keep her lungs "dry". Laurie continues 15 cc feedings every 3 hours and still weighed 1 1b. 15 oz. last night. We are trying to help Laurie gain ounces by providing "hindmilk"and human milk fortifier (x2) both of which contain high fat content and extra protein, minerals, and vitamins. I did have the opportunity to meet with Laurie's care team this afternoon, including the attending for August, two of her nurses, one of the respiratory therapists, and the nurse manager. This meeting was very informative and hopefully will help maintain consistency in Laurie's treatment. We were also able to discuss Laurie's plans and goals for this month. Please continue to pray for Laurie's doctors and nurses as they make frequent decisions about her care! Also, please continue to pray for her to be able to come off the vent soon with minimal lung damage!

Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

WAY TO GO BABY DOLL!!!!
JUST KEEP EATING AND GROWNING AND GOD WILL HELP YOU I SENDING HUGS AND KISSES FOR YOU LAURIE ANNE
THAT DOESN'T COUNT ALL THE PRAYS LOVE YOU LOTS
HAVE A GOOD NIGHT 2LBS TOMORROW
LOVE YA
AUNT RHONDA 8-4-08 5:OOPM

Jama said...

Laurie is absolutely PRECIOUS in that picture and the hat is too cute! I believe she and I could do some serious rocking and snuggling!! God is answering so many prayers for us concerning Laurie!! I cannot wait to read when she hits the 2 pound mark! Keeping you in my prayers!
Jama Lewis Walker

Emily said...

Good news!! I missed you today! Harrand Creek is not the same without you! Keep taking care of Laurie and we will all keep praying!!!

Love and Miss You!
Emily, Gray, and Lydia

Nancy S said...

I second that! I missed you, too!
It's not the same without you.
Laurie is looking great! I think
her diaper is actually fitting now.
I'm glad the meeting went well and
that you have a plan for Laurie's
care. And I'm glad God has many wonderful plans for her life, too.
Won't it be exciting to see all of
his plans unfold for her life? Have
a restful night, and maybe she'll hit that 2 lb mark tomorrow.
love, Nancy