Saturday, August 2, 2008

August 2, 2008 9:30 pm (35 days old)


Hi everyone! Todd, Laurie, and I are having a restful weekend. The doctors have not changed anything with Laurie's care plan today. She is continuing to be weaned off the vent and is tolerating her increased feedings of 14 cc every three hours well. She weighed 1 lb. and 14 oz. last night. Today Laurie got a new, clean isolette , which has to be done every few weeks, so I was able to hold her while they changed out beds. Laurie was doing so well that I was able to hold her for about two hours!! Being able to hold her today was a big treat for all of us! Hope you all are having a great weekend. Thanks for your continued love, support, and prayers!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

3 comments:

Jama said...

What precious pictures!! One day Laurie will get to look at those pictures and see how much she is loved by her mom and dad!! You can see the love on your faces!! I am thrilled that she is doing so well! Her weight is coming on up!!! You are in my daily thoughts and prayers. Take care!
Jama Lewis Walker

Merritt said...

Hi, Todd, Leah, and Cole,
Just wanted to say "Hello". Scott and I are in your Sunday School class. I've been praying for you and Laurie Anne. I mailed you a little something from us Friday to the UAB address. Take care, Love, Merritt

emilypitts said...

Oh, my eyes are watering! I love the picture of her hand on her ear. You can tell she just loves you so much! Still checking in and praying for you several times a day!

Love, Emily