Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1, 2008 7:00 pm


Daddy and Cole feeding Laurie!
All four of us!

Hello everyone! Laurie and I have had a wonderful, long weekend with Todd and Cole. We also enjoyed seeing all our other visitors! Todd and I were able to have some quiet time holding and playing with Laurie, while Cole entertained Nana and other visitors! Cole also loved rubbing Laurie's back and tried his best to persuade every nurse he saw to let him hold her! Sunday, Laurie's nurse finally took her out of the isolette and let him give her a kiss on the top of her head. He was so proud, but turned immediately around and said, "Now can I hold her!" We seem to have two very persistent and strong-willed children! Since Laurie was doing so well, we also had a chance to take Cole away from the hospital to eat and even find a playground. I was so thankful that Laurie was doing well enough that we could enjoy having some play time with big brother!

Over the weekend, the doctors have not made many changes in Laurie's care plan. They did increase her feeds to 24 cc every 3 hours. Friday night Laurie made the 3 lb. mark and now weighs 3lbs. 3oz!

We have really enjoyed our move to the CCN. We are now in a small room with only five other babies. The room is much more quiet and we have lots more room to move around. I am even posting tonight while sitting at Laurie's bedside! This allows me to periodically reach in to remind her to breathe when she de-sats and change a diaper when needed! Laurie and I finally persuaded Nana, MeMa, and Daddy that we are "big girls" and will be here by ourselves this week! Hopefully, she will have a quiet week of growing!

Thank you for your continued prayers! We can see God at work each day!

Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah, we are so glad that the four of you had a good weekend. I don't blame Cole for wanting to hold his little sister. She is so precious!! Maybe it won't be too long before he will get to hold her and maybe it won't be too long before the four of you will be together at home. Laurie has come a long way with God's help. Wow...3 lb. 3 oz. isn't that something? God has heard so many prayers on Laurie's behalf that He just couldn't help but answer them. We pray that "the big girls" will have a good week.
Love,
The Kings

Debbie said...

We are so glad she is doing great

God bless we will keep praying

Love
Debbie and the dialysis family

Nancy S said...

I know that you and Laurie Anne will be just fine on your own this week. And you're never really on your own as God is right there with you both. I'm glad it was a
fun weekend with the guys, and I'm
excited that she has passed the 3 pound mark...she flew past it in a
big hurry! It sounds like she likes
her new room, too. Have a great week. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

She looks just perfect. I'm thrilled to hear she's doing well enough to be moved to another room. Every hurdle she crosses means you're getting closer to bringing her home!

Love and prayers,
Natasha Chalker

Eloise said...

I saw your Aunt Judy at a bridge tournament this morning, and she rushed over to tell me that sweet Laurie weighs 3# 2 oz. now! We rejoiced together!

So glad you had a great weekend with your husband and son there. I hope your week on your own goes well. You'll be making plans to go home before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Leah! Wish I could have come this weekend with everybody, but I didn't want to make Laurie or you sick too! Maw Maw said she looks just great now! She was so excited she got to come! I am going to try to come up soon! Just as soon as Peyton and I get over this cough! :) Miss you!
Love, Katie