Friday, September 12, 2008

September 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Laurie gets comfortable after taking her 6:30 a.m. bottle.
Laurie in her "little glass house"!

Hello everyone! Laurie has had another great day! She did much better yesterday with spacing her bottle feedings further apart. We will continue to try bottle feeds at 6:30 a.m. and again at 6:30 p.m. through the weekend. Hopefully, next week we will begin trying three bottle feeds a day. She must be taking all eight of her daily feeds by bottle before going home, so we are slowly working toward that goal! Laurie did reach the 4lb. mark last night!! She is such a big girl! The doctors also ordered an eye culture today because Laurie continues to have drainage from her left eye. They have already begun treatment for the infection.

While Laurie had a restful day, I spent the afternoon getting ready for Todd, Cole, and Mrs. Judy to arrive. As some of you know, Cole is not allowed to stay overnight at the UAB townhouse due to many other guests being here for transplants etc... We of course understand that little ones often bring in harmful germs, but we do have to make alternate plans when Cole comes for the weekend. The Alabama Power Company offers a great service to families of hospitalized members who need short term lodging while in Birmingham. We are so thankful that we have been able to stay at one of their townhouses the weekends that Cole comes, rather than having to get a hotel for the weekend. However, this does require that we "pack-up" and take clothes, linens, and food to the Alabama Power townhouse several blocks away. After moving all our "stuff", Laurie and I are now all ready for the boys and MeMa to get here!!!

Thanks for your continued prayers, love, and support! We are truly blessed! Please continue to pray for Laurie's lung and eye development! Hope you all have a restful and safe weekend! I will post again on Monday!

Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a big girl!! I've been out of town since Wed, so I couldn't wait to get back to read about Laurie's progress!!

I'm so glad you've been able to stay at the Family Place some!! It's so hard to reserve sometimes, with so many people needing it, so I'm thankful it's worked out for all of you to be together there!!

Love, prayers and blessings to all of you!!
Mary Sue

Judy said...

So exciting to hear that she has reached the 4lb mark. She is growing so fast!! Hope by the time we hear from you again she will be up to 3 or 4 bottle feeds a day. Have fun this weekend with Todd and Cole.
Judy

Jama said...

What wonderful news!! The 4 lb mark seemed so far away just a few weeks ago. Laurie is nothing short of a miracle! God is so good! Continuing to pray for you daily. Jama Lewis Walker

Sherrie said...

Hi Leah I am Sherrie Deupree Peak. I am so glad to stumble across your blog. I saw it on your sister's Elba Network Site. My thoughts and prayers have been with you guys. I know that you all have been through a lot with Todd's dad passing and the premature birth of your daughter.

My 14 year old son was born 2 months premature and my heart can definitely ache with you during this scary time. He is know healthy and extremely active. Todd has been his PT several times over the past couple of years.

Anyway I just wanted to comment and tell you how happy I am to see the progress of your little girl. We just got back from China with our new little 3yo girl. I feel like I have a newborn because we are unable to communicate when she cries and giving her a bottle or rocking her is not an option like a newborn. She has a full fledge 3yo fit.

Best of luck to you and I hope that you get to come home very soon. Hi to Todd.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 4 lb. Isn't that something? Laurie is a beautiful and precious baby girl. We will continue to pray for her and especially for her eyes and that she will grow and grow and grow!!! We were wondering about her length. You haven't mentioned how much she has grown lengthwise. Know it is quite a change from 11 inches.
We pray that this weekend is a blessed one with your family together.
Love,
The Kings

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! Hope you guys are having a great weekend!! Miss you! Mom and I may try to come visit this week!! Can't wait to see you and Laurie again! :)
Love ya'll!!
Katie

Lisa Hyatt said...

I'm so proud of my big girl! I miss her so much! It's not the same in RNI without her! I'm glad she's doing so well. I've had faith that God would take care of her! I hope to catch you and grandma's downstairs sometime when I visit! Miss you guys too!
Keep Praying!
Much Love!
Nurse Lisa