Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24, 2008 3:00 p.m.

Hi! Laurie and I are having a great day...just waiting on the ophthalmologist to come and check her eyes! I am not sure if he will even come back today, but stated when he left last Thursday night that he would check her on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday!?! We are definitely learning patience!!! The doctors did increase Laurie's feeds to 40 cc every 3 hours, but she still weighed
4 lbs. 11 oz. last night. They will also be giving Laurie her 2 month shots today and tomorrow (just a little behind). Yesterday, they discontinued her medication that assists her with maintaining her oxygen levels. Hopefully, she is big enough now and breathing well enough to do this on her own! All of this is being done to get Laurie ready for going home! We don't want to have to go home with any more support than necessary (oxygen, medication, etc...). We are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Please continue to pray for Laurie's breathing and vision!

Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

4 comments:

Judy said...

I've been keeping up with all of you these last couple of weeks even though I haven't posted. I am so excited about all Laurie's progress. I pray that you will be taking her home real soon. She looks so cute in her last picture. It's amazing how much she's grown since I saw her.
Judy

Anonymous said...

I love to come to your blog and see how well she's doing. It just makes my heart so happy! I meant to ask when I posted yesterday if I could get your email address. Just send drop me a line when you get a chance. No rush. :)

natasha@natashachalker.com

Thanks!

Rhonda said...

HI,
JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW WE
ARE STILL PRAYING
GIVE MY BABY DOLL A KISS AND HUG FOR ME
LEAH YOU HAVE BEEN SO STRONG THRU ALL OF THIS
LAURIE ANNE AND COLEY HAS
A GREAT MOTHER
LOVE YA
AUNT RHONDA

Nancy S said...

I am hoping those eyes are going
to be fine. Is she on only room
oxygen now or still using the
canula? God is great and greatly
to be praised! Love, Nancy