Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October 14, 2008






Good afternoon everyone! It is so great to be posting from home!! I just wanted to add some pictures from Saturday's homecoming celebration. Todd, Mother, and I took Laurie to her first pediatrician appointment this mornig. It took all three of us to get a preemie baby and all her oxygen "stuff" into the doctor's office. We are still very slow moving with everything and learning the best way to travel with Laurie's equipment. We decided to change Laurie's feeding schedule back to every three hours to help with her breathing (not to tire her out so quickly). Dr. Carlo had also recommended this yesterday when he called to check on Laurie. He is such a special doctor--telling me that he would be out of the country until Sunday, but to e-mail with questions after our appointment today, if we needed him! He will be excited to learn that Laurie has continued to gain weight since leaving the hospital, weighing 6 lbs. 2 oz. today. Next week, we will have another pediatricain appointment in Dothan and an ophthalmologist appointment in Birmingham. So much for staying at home!!! Thanks for your continued prayers as we adjust to all being home together!

Love,
Todd, Leah, Cole, and Laurie

5 comments:

Jama said...

I am so very excited for you all!! I have followed your journey with Laurie for over 3 months and I have received so many blessings! You faith in God never wavered! God is so good and he has given you a precious miracle. I hope your little girl gives you as much joy as my 2 girls (and my son) have given me! Aren't children the greatest gift ever?? I will continue to pray for you and your family! Jama Lewis Walker

Frugal Jen said...

God is good! I am so happy for your family to have your little sweetie at home. What a little miracle baby. I've been following along and praying, we will continue our prayers.

God Bless your family,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What an awesome doctor! I know that must make you feel a little better knowing you can email him with any questions. I love the pictures of everyone looking at Laurie through the window. How funny!

Keep growing sweet Laurie. We're all so proud of you!

Continued prayers as you travel to appointments and adjust to life with Laurie AT HOME!

Natasha

Amy said...

Leah,
I am so glad that you guys are home and that Laurie is doing well! I miss you both terribly, but I wouldn't wish you back here for anything! I thank God everyday for you and your sweet family...you have helped carry some of this burden for me and I hope I have returned the favor!! I will see you next week! Keep up the good work Laurie!! I am praying for you all!

Amy
<><

Sherrie said...

Congratulations on being home!! I remember just like it was yesterday when we brought our preemie Justin home from the hospital and that was 14 years ago. She will always be a little extra special to you. God has great plans for her...she is a little fighter!!!

Sherrie Peak