Sunday, October 12, 2008

October 12, 2008

Laurie getting a nap before discharge!
Leaving the hospital!!!!!
As I arrive home, I'm sating 97!!!

My family just looking at me through the window!
Hello everyone! Sorry, I have not posted in a few days, but we have not had a moment to stop since last Thursday! Todd and I went over to the hospital Thursday morning to feed Laurie her 8:00 a.m. bottle and were overwhelmed by the numerous meetings/trainings we had to complete before rooming in with Laurie that night. After a crazy day, we spent our last night in the hospital with Laurie in a very, very small room with a very, very, loud pulse ox monitor!!! Laurie did great---Todd and I were awake all night jumping up to check her with every "ding" of her pulse oximeter!!! We could not believe it when we were ready for discharge on Friday by 10:30 a.m.--they were ready to get rid of us and we were ready to go!!! As we left the hospital through the same doors I entered by ambulance three and half long months ago, I thanked God for allowing me to leave with my beautiful, healthy baby girl---I wasn't so sure that would be the outcome when I entered!!!

After spending Friday afternoon packing, we left Birmingham at about 1:30 p.m. (between Laurie's feedings--she continues to make our schedule!). We are also learning the best way of traveling with Laurie and all of her wires, oxygen, and monitor, but you can see from the picture Laurie didn't mind the ride home!

We were welcomed home by a crowd of family wearing pink in Laurie's honor!!!! We are truly blessed with a wonderful family who has been with us every step of the way on this long journey and who continue to amaze us with their support. They all came Saturday to celebrate Laurie's arrival even though they knew that they could only look at her through the front window!!!

We decided to wait and surprise Cole with Laurie's homecoming. As I held Laurie up through the car window, he screamed "Laurie's here"!!! When we got inside the house he asked us, "Is Laurie going to get to spend the night?" He was soooo excited to learn that she was going to get to spend every night at home with us now!! But, I don't think he really believes it--he has not wanted to leave her side! What a special homecoming it was!!!!

I will try to post more pictures of Saturday as I get them from family members! Thanks again to all of you who have continued to follow Laurie's progess! We realize that we would not have made it through this ordeal without your prayers! I will continue to keep you updated and post pictures as Laurie grows!
Love to all!
Todd, Leah, Cole and Laurie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miracles are still happening! Prayers have brought Laurie home as a healthy, beautiful baby! We would have loved to have been there for her arrival at home but we had other commitments. Maybe before long we, too, can see Laurie "through the window". So happy that your family is back together again in Enterprise.
Love,
The Kings

Eloise said...

Oh, happy day! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of Laurie's homecoming. Cole's reaction made me cry! I hope that everything is going well at home and that you'll continue to post on her progress.

Nancy S said...

Praise God! I can't wait to see
more photos! I hope you've gotten
into a new routine and that you
will make yourself rest, too!
Love, Nancy

Debbie said...

Oh This was a Happy day for your family Thank you for the pictures the are all beautiful

God bless

Debbie and the dialysis familt

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Praise God for so many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, We are so glad that you are finally home. We have been praying for you and checking on you every passing day since you were born. You have beat the odds and are now a beautiful growing little girl. We love you and will continue to check on your growth. Great job Leah, Todd, and Cole on being so strong for Laurie. Congratulations! Love, A host of Cousins! Amy (Collins) Forehand and family (Brad, Braden, and Brantley); Mandi Collins; Karen (Green) Jordan and Lomax; & Douglas Green and Family

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, Sweet Baby Girl!! God has provided the best family to watch over you while you grow. I know Cole must be thrilled beyond words to have you there now so he can look out for you and protect you as you grow into a big girl.

I'm so very happy you are home now.

Love and prayers,
Natasha

Unknown said...

So happy that you are ALL home!! She is beautiful!!! And Cole is so precious! I know it has to be wonderful to be back in your own home!

Love, prayers and blessings to all of you as you adjust to your new routine!!

Love,
Mary Sue